Getting Started as a New Student
Congratulations on becoming a Stritch Student! Once you complete the steps to activate your account, you will have access to Stritch Resources including Wolfmail, MyStritch, University computers, Canvas, and more.
STEP ONE: Activate your Account
Your User Name and temporary password can be found in the account information letter sent to your personal email. Your User Name identifies you in the Cardinal Stritch University system and permits access to my.Stritch.edu, Wolfmail, and access to all of the technology resources located on campus.
Please visit account.stritch.edu to complete your account setup.
- Click on the box “I Know My Username”
- Click on the box “I Know My Password”
- Type in your Username and temporary password shown in your account information letter and click “Continue”
- Follow prompts to setup your security questions
- Provide a secure new personal password and complete the process
STEP TWO: Educational Discounted Computers/Software
We have joined with JourneyEd to provide our faculty, staff, and students software at educational discounts. On campus we maintain all of the software in the computer labs, classrooms, and with our team. Click Here to review their Education Deals.
STEP THREE: Check your WolfMail Account
Wolfmail accounts are hosted by Google© and accounts are created by and affiliated with Cardinal Stritch University branding. Wolfmail is the official method of University communication with our students. You are responsible for correspondence received at your Wolfmail address. We suggest that you monitor this account regularly.
- Access your account: wolfmail.stritch.edu
- Sample Mailing Address: StritchUsername@wolfmail.stritch.edu
- Your Wolfmail account includes all of the Google© Apps: Sheets, Drive, Forms, Calendar, and more. This account can be connected to your Canvas account for easy storage and submission of your homework and more.
STEP FOUR: Visit MyStritch
Once you have completed the steps to activate your account, you can login to the MyStritch portal. Students can view their course schedule, view grades, print an unofficial transcript, register for courses, etc. You will use your Stritch User Name to login to the My.Stritch.edu
STEP FIVE: Sign up for Stritch University Alerts
Cardinal Stritch University utilizes the Omnilert e2Campus alerts to all registered users via email and text messaging.All students, faculty and staff are auto enrolled in this system and emergency notifications will be sent to their official University email address. If your personal email address and/or mobile number are on file (in Jenzabar) with Stritch, you will automatically be enrolled to receive alerts via these additional methods. You are strongly encouraged to verify or add your personal email address and/or mobile phone number by logging in to My Stritch and completing the steps below.
By updating your personal email address and mobile phone number, you are ensuring that you will also receive convenient email and text alerts in the event that inclement weather forces one of our sites to close, systems have significant outages or other important messages are communicated to the Stritch community.
- Log in to My Stritch. Go to Stritch Resources at the top menu and select Emergency Notifications on the left menu or click on this link to access the input form: Login with your My Stritch username and password.
- Update or add as much of the information as you wish. Remember that you must also click the checkbox to confirm you would like to receive notifications to your personal email address.
- Make sure to click the “Save” button at the bottom of the form to complete the process.
- If you add or change your personal email address or mobile telephone number, you will need to reply to the validation message sent to your email address and/or mobile phone and then refresh the My Stritch form page to confirm you have finished the registration process.
- To opt out of text messaging, text STOP to 79516 on your mobile phone.
- All data will be kept confidential and stored in your official Stritch record. This information will NOT be shared with third parties. This My Stritch form is always available for you to change your contact information and notification settings.
STEP SIX: CANVAS - Stritch’s Learning Management System
Canvas is the most internet and user friendly Learning Management System available. In general a learning management system (or LMS) is a web platform designed for supporting courses for students and faculty and can and will be used at Stritch for courses being delivered in all formats including face-to-face classroom experiences.
You have been enrolled in a free course titled Technology Student Orientation. The course contains videos and tutorials on how to use Canvas.
Getting Connected: Accounts are automatically created for all Stritch students.
- View directions on how to locate the Technology Student Orientation.
- You must be logged into Canvas to see the Technology Student Orientation.
- The Technology Student Orientation is self-paced and includes module checkpoint quizzes so you may check your Canvas knowledge.
- You will have access to this orientation the entire time you are a student at Cardinal Stritch.
- As new features are updated in Canvas, the Technology Student Orientation content will be updated with links and tutorials explaining the new functionality.
STEP SEVEN: UPLOAD Photo to my.Stritch.edu
Please upload your photo to my.Stritch.edu for ONECard printing.
- Color photo with a solid light colored background.
- Full head and shoulders with no filters.
- Please do not include props, hats, other people, or pets.
Technology Help Desk
Phone: (414) 410-4600
Place in a Request: Self Help Ticketing Portal
Location: Main Campus Bonaventure Hall BH023B
View or print a map of campus
New!! Technology Training
The Technology Help Desk Offers training on the following topics: Windows10, SMART boards, DigiCopy (Copycenter),
Google Drive, Google Calendar Updates, and more. Please contact email@example.com
for more information and to sign up for any of our upcoming sessions.
How do I get help with technology?
The Technology Help Desk is the front door to Cardinal Stritch University’s technology services. Technology Help Desk staff are available to assist you with all your technology needs from connecting to the Internet to software or hardware repair and much more.
Visit https://www.stritch.edu/Campus-Resources/Technology-Help-Desk for hours of operation and more information.
How do I protect my computer and personal information?
The Internet and social media present unique risks to both your computer and personal information. Keep the following in mind while on the Internet: Social Media: Post and communicate with care. Do not share too much information. This includes Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, and any site or app that allows you to share personal information.
Think Before You Click: An anti-virus can help protect your computer but is not a guarantee. Think twice before downloading a free game or other app. Make certain it is legitimate first or you may be opening yourself up to viruses, malware, or spam.
Phishing: Phishing is a scam attempt to get personal information (username, password, etc.) using official-looking emails or websites. Please report all attempts to the Technology Help Desk.
ONCE ON CAMPUS: Stop at the Technology Help Desk for
Find us on Social Media
Official Twitter Accounts